Compton Grand Prix

L33 CPT offers his personal view of the Grand Prix world

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A1GP: Malaysia '06

Yes I know this is round 4 of the World Cup of Motorsport and I missed the previous two, but I don't care!

Anyway, the 12 lap sprint race was again boring to a large degree, With Switzerland winning from Germany. However, they have changed one thing since the last time I watched - the qualifying for the Feature Race is now solely down to Sprint Race finishing positions! Well done A1GP!!

The Feature Race started behind the Saftey Car due to it being monsoon season in Malaysia and them having a lot of rain between the two races. Normally in F1 the advent of rain makes for a more interesting race, not so A1GP! After the safety car came in on lap 3 nothing really happened for a while, except for Germany storming past Switzerland for the lead. Eventually people started making moves for position, and about a third of race distance, Great Britain's Robbie Kerr decided to wake up and start to fight for position - eventually managing to finish the race in second place.

I'm still not sold on this series yet, although the idea is great, it just doesn't grab me in the way that F1 and MotoGP have. I'm willing to keep trying though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home