Compton Grand Prix

L33 CPT offers his personal view of the Grand Prix world

Friday, May 12, 2006

Random Thoughts I

Yuji Ide has had his Super license revoked by the FIA, this news comes a week after Super Aguri Honda were advised by the FIA to rest Ide for the European GP. Super Aguri were hoping to race Ide this weekend, so I would guess that the FIA have taken this step to prevent that eventuality, in fact Ide cannot race for at least the rest of the season. He will be replaced this weekend by Franck Motagny, and possibly at Monaco, however, expect to see a Japanese driver - Hiroki Yoshimoto? - before long due to sponsorship reasons.

Surely it was the FIA that issued Yuji Ide's Super license? So surely they should have realised that he was not up to the job when he was tested for the licence? I'm not saying Ide is a great driver, in fact being consistently off the pace of his own team mate, Takuma Sato, kind of proves that he's not ready for F1 yet. I am, however, disappointed by the way the FIA has handled the situation, and the fact that they issued a license to a driver that was obviously not good enough at this time.

Maybe it is time for the FIA to take a good look at itself, changes are definitely needed.

Is Jenson Button going to win in Spain this weekend? Probably not, to be honest, even if Anthony Davidson was the fastest in practice today. With his being British, I have been following Jenson since he first joined the WilliamsF1 team, and signed up to his website last year, for some reason, today I receive an email from said website giving me Jenson's views about his chances for this race. They've never done this before, so either they know something we don't, or they just haven't sent them out until now and they will continue to come after the race. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

More teams are apparently working on Flexi-wings after Ferrari have refused to change their rear wing, which although (allegedly) Flexes to close the gap between the elements at speed, it does so within the constraints of the FIA's limits. So the wing is illegal in theory, but legal in practice.

David Coulthard starts his 200th Grand Prix this weekend, and shows no signs of slowing down. I must admit I've not always been a fan of his simply because I don't think he did as well at McLaren as he should, but since his move to Red Bull Racing I have a new found respect for him and would like to see him score a few points on Sunday.

So, who will win on Sunday? Fernando Alonso

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home